Rotary International President Gary C.K. Huang and the RI Board have changed the dates for the 2015 Rotary Convention in São Paulo, Brazil, to Saturday, 6 June, through Tuesday, 9 June – starting and ending one day earlier than previously scheduled.
The dates were changed because the original opening day (Sunday, 7 June) coincided with one of the city’s most popular parades. The new start date will dramatically reduce traffic congestion and make it easier for Rotary members to attend the opening plenary sessions. It will also make it convenient to attend our very own Rotary Carnival, a Host Organization Committee event, on Saturday evening.
Please share this information with club members by updating your websites, newsletters, and calendars. Check riconvention.org regularly for dates, deadlines, and registration and housing details. Find information about Host Organization Committee events at www.rotary2015saopaulo.br. If you still have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dates for the following events have also changed. Please check riconvention.org for the latest information:
- International Institute: Thursday-Friday, 4-5 June
- International Institute Luncheon: Thursday, 4 June
- Rotary Peace Symposium & International Institute Dinner: Thursday, 4 June
- Rotaract Preconvention: Thursday-Friday, 4-5 June
- Youth Exchange Officers Preconvention: Thursday-Friday, 4-5 June
- President’s Recognition Luncheon: Sunday, 7 June
- Concert with Conductor João Carlos Martins and Samba School Vai-vai (HOC event): Sunday, 7 June
- President-elect’s Leadership Luncheon: Monday, 8 June
- On to Seoul Convention Luncheon: Tuesday, 9 June
The dates for these events have not changed:
- Rotary Peace Symposium: Thursday-Friday, 4-5 June
- Rotary Peace Symposium Reception: Friday, 5 June (formerly Rotary Peace Symposium Luncheon)
- Youth Exchange Officers Banquet: Friday, 5 June
- Rotary’s Carnival (HOC event): Saturday, 6 June
- Ivete Sangalo Concert (HOC event): Monday, 8 June